Welcome back to Carol’s Corner. Had to take a break last night. I guess I was more tired than I thought. I had an interesting time yesterday though. I got to attend an Opera for my first time ever. We saw “The Italian Girl In Algier’s”. It was quite an experience and the orchestra was fabulous. This is the outfit my husband bought me for my birthday. I had wanted a red dress and decided to pair it with black. While at my daughter’s last week in Pa. I was able to find these darling red shoes.
This is my Go Red For Women pin you receive at Macy’s for a $2 donation . It’s a cute little thing isn’t it?
I opted for the black FitBit band with the coordinating red BandCuff which was a perfect shade of red .
The subject we will be discussing today is one that’s always talked about when it comes to health and dieting. You guessed it . WATER. This is also something I am not great about getting enough of. I’m going to use information from Medical Daily, Consumer News in an article entitled” 7 Ways To Lose More Weight by Drinking More Water With Your Diet”. It starts out by stating if you are looking for quick and easy ways to lose weight , look no further than your very own kitchen, in fact your kitchen faucet. Your water faucet can help you shed the water weight and help you look healthier and thinner. I am going to link the article here so you can read all the figures they talk about here along with the studies. We’ll hit on the important facts and you can read at your leisure. http://www.medicaldaily.com/7-ways-lose-weight-drinking-more-water-your-diet-247471. The figures here say healthy women should injest 11 cups of water from all food and beverages. It gives figures for men here also. It suggests by drinking 2 cups of water before all 3 of your meals, you can lose the weight and keep it off. A recent study published in The American Journal Of Clinical Nutrition, researchers reviewed 11 previous studies to examine the correlation between water consumption and body weight. Three of the studies found that increased water intake was tied to greater weight loss. One of the professors and leader of some work in the review, believes that drinking water before a meal leads to significant weight loss. In her group a study found that middle aged and older adults, who drank 2 cups of water before a meal, lost 4 more pounds than the group who didn’t. Water can suppress feelings of hunger, allowing you to feel full,and thus reducing an individual’s calorie intake. Dr. Katrina Wilhelm, a naturopathic physician says it is best to consume the bulk of your water away from food and meals. 30 minutes both sides of a meal should do. Separating the two will aid digestion , by keeping the stomach acid concentrated so it can function efficiently. Drinking water , especially the right kind of water , can insure it is free from harmful contaminants and preserves healthy minerals present in the water. Increase your water consumption by following these quick-and-easy cost effective ways to lose weight.
1. Drink Water Every 2 Hours. Some of the info here is of interest. Space out your water consumption throughout the day. This insures that your body is replenished and gets rid of excess water weight. If you only drink when you are thirsty, your body will be depleted of necessary fluids and you will retain the water weight. Read here about the color of your urine. You should drink a glass of water when you get up and then every two hours. Even after a bathroom break, rehydrate again.
2. Add Flavor To Your Water. She of course suggests some kind of natural sweetner, but everyone needs to do what works best for them. You can read about this in the above link.
3. Opt For Green Iced Tea. Green tea is known to be rich in it’s antioxidants and flavonoids, which can boost your metabolism while you get your water intake. It is suggested to look on Dr, Oz’s website for recipes.
4. Sparkling Water. This is carbonated water. For some this might not be a good choice. Those who are watching their sodium intake, need to take notice. If you have IBF it is better to stick with plain water, because of gas and bloating issues.
5. Produce In Water. Add fruits and veggies to your water. This is called Aqua Fresca. Add slices of your desired choice to a pitcher of water in your fridge. It needs to sit for an extended time before you drink it. And of course you may opt for the organic variety.
6. Eat Your Water. Eat fruits that contain a high percentage of water. These include watermelon,(92 % water),Strawberries, Grapefruit, and Cantaloupe.
7. Water In Soup. Hot and cold soups can help boost you metabolism. Incorporate chilled soups as well as hot ones. Aim for low sodium. You can also purée your soups. Take cooked vegetables, purée them in your blender and add to the liquid.
So from this, you can see the many ways you can up your water consumption.
Here is a link to 7 foods that will help you shed pounds because of their water content. http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20306719,00.html
They are broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, grapefruit, lettuce, radishes, and spinach. Not only do they have a high water content, they provide the body with many valuable nutrients.
Here’s a link to Prevention’s 25 Flat Belly Sassy Water Recipes. http://www.prevention.com/food/cook/25-flat-belly-sassy-water-recipes?s=8
So there is a little on the subject of water for you, and there is much more to be found. But this gives you some of the” SKINNY” on water. So drink up and also get moving. Till next time, God Bless.